Dancing With The Stars Winner


Dancing with the Stars winner Hines Ward was worried about how he would stack up against Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerskovskiy because “everyone loves” Alley. Ward told reportes backstage after the Dancing with the Stars finale that when it came “down to voting, I didn’t know how I’d match up to Kirstie.”
Sadly for Kirstie Alley, who was very dissapointed by her loss, Hines Ward did indeed have enough votes to take home the top prize on Dancing with the Starsthis season. Still, Alley feels she came out of her DWTS gig a winner anyway. “I don’t feel like I won what I wanted to win, but I feel like I won something. That’s a good way to put it,” Alley told Access Hollywood backstage. “Look — I’m competitive, I wanted to win. I know how hard we worked; I know what [Maks] had to begin with.”
As for her future plans, Kirstie Alley said she is done doing reality shows and hopes to return to her acting with new inspiration. She also said her partner, Maksim Chmerskovskiy deserves major props for taking the ‘oldest and heaviest’ contestant all the way to the finals.
Dancing with the Stars winner Hines Ward said he was truly motivated to win because he didn’t want to let his dancing partner, Kym Johnson, down. “I really wanted her to win her second mirror-ball trophy,” Hines said.
To future contestants, Ward said they should be “prepared to work your butt off” if they want to get to the DWTS finale. “You’re going to lose weight,” he said of the positive benefits, “but it’ll be very grueling on your feet.”