Christina Hendricks


Ever since her debut as Joan Holloway, the tight-outfit-wearing office manager of the ad agency on TV's Mad Men, actress Christina Hendricks has had to get used to people paying attention to her hourglass figure -- and debating whether her bosom has been, um, surgically enhanced. Well, Hendricks, 36, has had enough, proclaiming in a recent interview with U.K. newspaper The Daily Mail: "It's so bizarre that people are constantly asking if my breasts are real or fake. They're so obviously real that anyone who's ever seen or touched a breast would know."
What's more, Hendricks is flabbergasted by the Mail's suggestion that her figure has inspired women to get breast enlargements. "I hope I'm not encouraging that."
It's a well-known fact that the actresses of Mad Men have been discouraged from dieting so that their bodies have the right 1960s look, fleshy and womanly. Both men and women seem to love Hendricks' curves, and Hendricks has learned to love them as well. She tells The Daily Mail: "If there's anything to be learned from me it's that I'm learning to celebrate what I was born with, even though it's sometimes been inconvenient. Having larger breasts has made it harder for me to shop throughout the years, but I've learnt to love it."
Hendricks, who started out as a model, says that the tough world of modeling was good preparation for her acting career to come. "I'd done ballet for years and was tiny then, a size 4, so I didn't have any problems about conforming to a certain body type. As you get older your body changes, and I've tried to embrace how I look at every stage," she says. "But I loved modeling... Modeling taught me how to be professional and responsible at a young age. Plus, you experience a lot of rejection and criticism, which is a great boot camp for Hollywood."
The biggest fan of Hendricks' curvaceous bod is actor Geoffrey Arend, to whom Christina has been married since 2009. Hendricks refers to him as "the best husband ever," and says, "He's just so old-fashioned and kind and dreamy." While there are no kids on the horizon for the couple just yet, Hendricks admits: "I probably need to think about that soon because I'm getting older, but I'm not letting that determine any decisions. I'm on this wonderful show with all these opportunities, so it seems crazy to jump out of it."